these are my sweet, little, simple victories from the week:
- spent $118 at Grocery Outlet which included 5 bottles of their already inexpensive wine at 20% off. I am set for the rest of the year! Also bought a 13# turkey for $2 after using a coupon. We aren’t cooking one at Thanksgiving this year, but we have it in the freezer and I can get about 4 meals and broth out of it! Also bought beans and lentils for slow cooker meals...we can shop the pantry for the next 4-6 weeks at least!
- didn’t buy any coffee out or junk food - brought fruit and nuts in the car. I did buy ONE snack item today - a bag of chips at the Dollar Tree. #foradollar #noduh
- did go out to breakfast with friends, but only ate half the meal and had the rest the next morning. Only had black coffee and water - no $8 mimosa or $6 latte. #didntmissit
- took a box of clothes to the consignment shop and took the cash instead of the credit. They didn’t take much, but it covered my trip to the Dollar Tree for garbage bags, and freezer bags for the meal prep I’m planning (and the chips) :)
- the rest went into the change jar.
- walked through Goodwill and even though I held on to a few things I put them all back and walked out without spending a dime!
- bought some pants for my daughter but we went with the less expensive ones. I bought them through eBates and they were also on sale. #bonus
- I got an unexpected check for $150 in the mail which offset the unexpected tax bill I also received, but I didn't have to dip into the "emergency" fund to pay it, so it's a small victory that I will gladly take.
Right now I am baking some banana bread to share with my dad and auntie who I am having breakfast with in the morning - something sweet (literally and figuratively) to give them made on a whim with ingredients I have on hand. #lovethis
If you enjoy this website, blog, or the idea of a simple rebellion, please share with your friends, on social media, etc. Follow me on Instagram too!
May your weekend be filled with simple pleasures...